Paul Kroeger is a litigation partner at Russ August & Kabat, where he is a member of the firm’s litigation and intellectual property litigation groups. Mr. Kroeger’s practice focuses on complex business and intellectual property litigation at both the trial court and appellate court levels.
Mr. Kroeger represents, and has represented, a diverse group of clients including: Fortune 500 companies, aggregate mining companies, exercise equipment manufacturers, film and television producers, professional actors, musical artists and labels, investment bankers, and financial advisors. He has successfully represented clients in numerous forums, including California Superior Courts and Federal District Courts, the California Court of Appeal, and arbitrations, with a specialty in FINRA arbitrations.
Mr. Kroeger’s litigation experience has involved a wide variety of legal issues, including intellectual property matters, contract disputes, securities law issues, eminent domain matters and real property concerns, depending upon the client’s needs. Before joining Russ August & Kabat, Mr. Kroeger was an associate at Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP and Raines Feldman LLP.
- Represented a major supplier of exercise equipment in a patent and trademark dispute;
- Represented a Fortune 500 Company in an environmental clean-up law suit against a tenant;
- Represented a major recording artist in a royalty dispute with a record company;
- Defended a television producer in a right of publicity action;
- Represented several major mining companies in disputes with municipalities and others;
- Represented a major restaurant chain in a securities arbitration;
- Represented a major investment banking firm in a dispute with a client;
- Represented multiple financial advisors in FINRA arbitrations against nationwide broker dealer firms;
- Represented several land developers against municipalities including successfully setting aside the City of West Hollywood’s denial of a building permit in the published decision Hoffman Street, LLC v. City of West Hollywood, 179 Cal.App.4th 754, 102 Cal.Rptr.3d 12 (2009).
Paul is admitted as a member of the State Bar of California, the Supreme Court of California, the U.S. District Court, for the Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit. Paul is also a member of the American Bar Association.
Senior Editor, Southern California Law Review, University of Southern California.
Law Clerk, Vice Chancellor, John W. Noble, Delaware Court of Chancery, 2003-2004.