Areas of focus:
General litigation; Intellectual property
- TQP v. Newegg – $2.3M jury verdict. Encryption patent. Judgment currently on appeal.
- Clear with Computers v. Hyundai – $11.6M jury verdict. Marketing patent. Affirmed on appeal.
- St. Jude Medical v. Access Closure Inc. – $27.1M jury verdict. Medical device patent.
- Knowles Electronics v. AAC Acoustic Technologies – Trial judgment of no trade secret misappropriation. MEMS technology.
- Peer Communications v. Skype – Judgment of invalidity. Peer-to-peer communication patent. Affirmed on appeal.
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation v. Intel – $110M settlement. Patent on data speculation circuit for computer processors. Intel settled the evening before trial.
- Over $200M in settlements for clients in last six years.
- Law clerk – Judge Ferdinand F. Fernandez, 9th Cir. Court of Appeals
- Law clerk – Chief Judge George H. King, Central District of Cal.
- Extern – Trustee Program, U.S. Department of Justice
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, 2015-2016
- Rising Stars, 2008-2010, 2012-2014
- California State Bar: Committee on Federal Courts
- Order of the Coif
- James Tam Award
- Executive Editor, Southern California Law Review
- Legal writing instructor
- Teaching assistant, Real Estate Transactions/Finance
“Supplying the Tax Shelter Industry: Contingent Fee Compensation for Accountants Spurs Production,” 76 S. Cal. L. Rev. 1237